Monday 5 March 2012

Future Fairs

usurpzines:
Some lovely pictures from Tooting Zine Fair taken by the ladies from Userp Gallery, they have a zine fair coming up in April.
usurpzines.tumblr.com for more details.
The Construction Gallery in Tooting was the happy home of the best zine fair in the history of Tooting.  There were lots of familiar faces but also new people sharing their work and displaying their skills and  explaining their ideas which is always nice. I didn't really look around at everyone's work, which was a bit stupid, but i did watch the Salford Zine Library documentary which I very much enjoyed. I also tried to get some Tooting Aunties to come in, which sometimes worked and sometimes didn't, I'm sure they'll be having a word with my mum as to what I was doing hanging out with weirdos... Anyway, here are some things that I liked from the fair:





Sally Hancox's prints (above) were wicked. I really liked some of the posters in 'Shape and Situate: Posters of Inspirational European Women' that Melanie Maddison put together, it's cool that the posters were made by both men and women. And i also liked the drawings and use of color in Kripa Joshi's Miss Moti books. And lastly I liked the colors and patterns in Faster Forever (below).


If you didn't make it to the fair and wished you were there you can you can travel back in time through this short vid and pretend you were. 

The pictures right at the top were taken by one of the ladies from the Userp Gallery who are busy preparing for Harrow's first ever zine fair in April: usurpzines.tumblr.com for more info.